leap into spring! and feel lighter, brighter and leaner!
first thing in the morning
'Burst' Training and Hot Lemon
Fall out of bed then run, skip, jog on the spot or bounce on a mini trampoline for half an hour. Manageable speed for 4 minutes then as fast as you can for 1 minute and repeat until your 30 minutes is up. Wear ankle and wrist weights if you have them - adds a bit of resistance and prompts extra fat burning. Early morning is recommended for increased ‘fat burning’ but if time is tight, later in the day is fine. Have a cleansing and reviving mug of Hot Lemon and Ginger while you shower and get ready for the day.
breakfast or early morning choices
eggs, muesli or crisp breads
stay hydrated throughout the day - between meals rather than with meals
- Still and Sparkling Water: on its own and/or ‘infused’ with slices of fresh fruit and/or vegetables
- Teas: black, green, white, fruit, herb - piping hot or well-chilled with no milk or sugar
- Coffee: small, dark and rich made with fresh coffee beans. No sugar but perhaps a dash of cream!
- Coconut Water: really refreshing when you add ice, some coconut flakes/shavings and a dash of lime juice!
mixed salad with protein
mid morning and/or mid afternoon snack choices (optional and occasional)
rich in protein and fat
- Mixed Fresh Nuts and Seeds (2 handfuls max per day)
- Hummus and Raw Vegetable Sticks (small carton of hummus, lots of vegetable sticks)
- Cheese and Grapes (3 thin slices of hard cheese and a generous bunch of grapes)
- Oatcakes and Nut Butter (2 plain oatcakes with peanut, almond or cashew nut butter)
chicken, fish, seafood or vegetarian protein
a couple of helpful extras* (optional)
Sugar-cravings can be hard to handle if your diet has been over-hefty with refined, processed, fast and junk foods for a spell so if that’s you, you may wish to seek a little assistance. Certain vitamins and minerals play a meaningful role in helping to keep blood sugar levels from either spiralling and/or diving throughout the day and evening, allowing us to ‘carry on’ without hunger and cravings taking centre stage. Sucroguard by Biocare offers a well-researched combination. Take one capsule, 3 times a day 15-30 minutes before meals or at those times in the day when you know you are most likely to be at risk.
These fats are vital to brain, heart, nerve, muscle, bone, skin, immune and hormonal health. They also play an important role in the metabolism of the fats we consume through our diet and help to ensure that they are not only used for all of the above but also to provide us with day-long and boundless energy. We can’t make them within the body so we have to get them through our diet. Seafood, certain seeds and a few nuts are our best source but sadly, many of us (particularly those who don’t or won’t eat fish) can become deficient so if that’s you, I urge you to supplement daily. For others, it’s your choice. I recommend 3 to 6 capsules per day with meals. If you are vegetarian or vegan, you may wish to supplement Marine Algae. 2 capsules per day with food.
* If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, on regular medication, have concerns about your health or are under the age of 16 you should consult your doctor or health practitioner before embarking on any supplement programme