- 250g steel cut oats
- 50g puffed millet
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 25g hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes/shavings
- Natural Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Mix the oats, millet, nuts and seeds together in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan over a low heat, add the honey, lime zest and lime juice, pour over the dry ingredients, mix well, spread the granola evenly over a baking tray and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until everything is nicely golden brown), turning occasionally then remove and let it cool (it will get crunchier as it cools).
- Stir in the coconut flakes/shavings and store in an airtight container until required.
- Serve with passionfruit, green grapes, kiwi fruit and sliced green apples and yoghurt.
- This is a great ‘green’ combination but you can play around with the grains, nuts and seeds and the fruit dependent on what you have in stock - make the granola in bulk as it keeps for ages.