(makes 1 serving)
- 50g quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 florets broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, peeled and very finely diced
- 1 small carrot, scrubbed and roughly grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh peanuts, chopped or roughly crushed
For the Dressing
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon tamari or light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced/grated
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced/grated
- In a large bowl toss the cooked quinoa, broccoli, red onion, carrot, coriander, spring onions and peanuts together. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the whole lot and mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
- This is such a quick, tasty and protein-rich salad which you can happily mess around with dependent on your tastes and what’s in stock. I have tried calves liver, shiitake mushrooms and blue cheese plus duck breast, dried cherries and mozzarella with good results - experiment!